This pattern was created using one hand carved block. The black dye used is called syahi which is a black printing paste made from scrap recycled iron which is fermented with molasses and water for 15 days. This blend creates a rich brown colour that is briefly boiled with tamarind powder. When printing the colour turns to black and is laid to dry and fix in the sun for one-two days. The fabric is then submerged into alizarin dye to fix the black dye. Fabric is washed and followed by another dip in harder to fix the dye.
|· Hand or hand block printed by artisans in Rajasthan, India|
· Ideal weight and density.
· Removable, washable cover
· Handy carry handle
· 100% Cotton quilted fabric
|· 28”L x 28”W x 2.5”H|
· 100% cotton lining made in India
· Filled with 100% Kapok or at times when our supply chain is affected we use Australian Cotton
|· Wash separately|
· Outer cover gentle machine wash cold, line dry
· Inner cover spot clean