When preparing for meditation have the knees so they are lower than the hips. This allows for circulation to the lower limbs during sitting positions. Our zafus offer more room to allow for the knees to naturally drop to the floor.
This pattern was created using one hand carved block. The black dye used is called syahi which is a black printing paste made from scrap recycled iron which is fermented with molasses and water for 15 days. This blend creates a rich brown colour that is briefly boiled with tamarind powder. When printing the colour turns to black and is laid to dry and fix in the sun for one-two days. The fabric is then submerged into alizarin dye to fix the black dye. Fabric is washed and followed by another dip in harder to fix the dye.
|· 100% durable Cotton drill or natural linen where noted|
· Hand block printed cover by artisans in Rajasthan India
· Ideal weight and density.
· Removable, washable cover
· Handy carry handle
|· 40 Diameter X 18 cm|
· 2.7 Kg
· 100% cotton lining made in India
· Filled with 100% Australian Buckwheat hulls
· Assembled in Melbourne Australia
|· Wash separately|
· Outer cover gentle machine wash cold, line dry
· Inner cover spot clean