Inspired by the element of space ~ Ākāśa
The space in which all matter and energy is contained. Ākāśa can be witnessed in stillness, holds our space and connects us to a higher consciousness. Ākāśa can be visualised as a black space and sometimes with multicoloured points of light.
Our Ākāśa range is made by the amazing Sufiyan and his team in Gujarat India. Our artisans have used one block and multiple steps to create this pattern with natural elements and dyes, fermented iron and resist paste in gum arabic and lime.
Part of our Ajrakh quilted range.
The round zafu helps you to sit tall with relaxed hips. Based on traditional meditation cushion design, its simple shape is time-tested and perfect for new and experienced meditators alike.
- Great for meditation and for casual sitting at home
- Provides postural support to the spine during meditation and pranayama practice
- Filled with Buckwheat hulls which contours to your unique body
- For leg and knee support, pair with a color coordinated zabuton
You will not want to put these away ~ a talking point and constant reminder to promote a regular daily practice.
When preparing for meditation have the knees so they are lower than the hips. This allows for circulation to the lower limbs during sitting positions. Our zafus offer more room to allow for the knees to naturally drop to the floor.
|· Hand block printed cover by artisans in Gujarat India
· Cover made from 100% durable cotton quilting
· Ideal weight and density.
· Removable, washable cover
· Handy carry handle
|· 40cm diameter X 18cm
· 2.7 kg
· 100% cotton lining made in India
· Filled with 100% Australian buckwheat hulls
· Assembled in Melbourne Australia
|· Wash separately
· Outer cover gentle cold hand wash cold, line dry
· Inner cover spot clean